Our Guiding Principles
Ardent Capital is not a traditional venture capital firm. We believe that investment success has more to do with providing operational tools and resources than simply making investment decisions. We are driven and guided by the following beliefs:
- Southeast Asia is hot. Our focus is exclusively across this region. We live, work and invest here.
- People are the key. The right team will adapt and succeed, even if it takes multiple evolutions. We support our teams with an entire HR recruiting team dedicated to helping grow our portfolio companies.
- The right environment makes all the difference. We are not an incubator, though we do provide space, desks, internet and coffee like a traditional incubator would. For us, environment is more about support, knowledge, networking and access to the right partners.
- Technology and marketing at scale is hard. It is easy to get to a thousand users. Much harder to get to a million. We’ve done it before. We help with everything from customer acquisition strategies to cloud hosted infrastructure and technology, all based on what we know works in Southeast Asia.
- We want to do a few things really well rather than dabble in lots. We will make sure those few companies we do invest in succeed and win.
- We get involved to help our companies succeed. We believe that the best VCs are those with operational experience who are not afraid to dive in and get dirty with the details of launching, scaling and exiting a business.